Jun 20, 2008

Heading to the Fair!

Ask anyone and they will tell you that I LOVE going to the Fair.  I have been going since I was a child, and I have now carried on the tradition with my girls.  We have many traditions we follow when we go to the fair.  First, we have to cram into a photo booth and have our picture taken.  I have years of these photo's and some day I want to frame them all.  I love looking back at them,  seeing how much the girls have grown (and I have aged).  Each year we are a little more crowded in the booth, but I wouldn't dare skip it!

The next tradition is buying a dozen of the cinnamon sugar mini donuts that are sold in the exhibit hall.  We love to watch the tiny donuts float along in their river of oil, being flipped for equal frying and then being scooped into a shower of cinnamon and sugar.  Mmmmmm....so warm and so yummy!

Of course you can't go to the fair without eating a weeks worth of calories in deep fried delicacies that sit in the bottom of your stomach like a lead weight.  We usually go to the fair with friends and our rule is that if you eat healthy at the fair then you can't hang out with us!!  It's no fun unless your friends are also smeared in grease and miserable by the end of the day.  Our friend Spencer won the prize yesterday by downing a deep fried white castle burger!! I usually splurge on friend zucchini and a cinnamon roll.  For the girls it is corn dogs and some kind of fun ice cream treat.

The other things we love to do at the fair is to look at the photography exhibit, the collections, artwork and check out the animals.  The girls love riding the rickety rides and playing games.  The last couple of years we have had the added excitement of watching Kate dance with her dance studio on the infield stage.  This year Reid beamed with pride at the second place ribbon her yearbook class won for the yearbook she had a hand in creating! 

So summer had officially started for us.........I hope all of you have had an equally fun start to your summer!!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...