I had sometime today to create a couple of scrapbook pages!
The Cheer pages was done using a Sketch Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.
Go to SCS to see Sally's fun sketch.
In case anyone was wondering how I made the Pom Poms:
- Cut out a circle to fit the width of the picture, then cut the circle in half.
- Using edging scissors, cut skinny strips on the bottom layer of the pom pom.
- Cut at an angle as you move around the circle.
- For the top layer cut thin strips out of different color paper.
- Fold the strips into a "V" and stick them in a fan pattern on a piece of double stick tape to match the pom pom shape. Trim if necessary.
- Next adhere the top layer to the bottom layer.
- Cut away the very bottom where all the pieces meet to reduce bulk.
I often use the same pictures to create a page for each of my daughters books.
I created the first layout and wasn't overly thrilled with it so I headed over
to SCS to find some inspiration. I found a sketch challenge that was posted
over a year ago. I really like the way it turned out, except I'm not sure if I am
going to keep the arrow! Something is just not right about it!
Which one do you like better?