Aug 12, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Wow, this summer has been crazy busy for us. Which why I haven't had any time to blog.  Not to mention these past few weeks I have spent more than a few hours watching various Olympic events.

But I did manage to squeeze in some shots for Scavenger Hunt Sunday this week so without further ado....
1. Mobile
I was going to choose a photo that I hadn't already shared in my instagram gallery but I suspect that most of you don't follow me (michelleocm) on IG so here is my favorite shot from this week.

2. Hanging by a thread
You know that tight rope act you have to perform when one of the eggs sticks to the carton?  A little wiggle back and forth to see if you can get it out without breaking the egg! As gentle as I am I never win that battle.
3. Collage
Lately the largest collection of pictures I have are of our new kitties, Pepe and Lulu.  They are such sweethearts.  They love our dogs and us and so far they haven't taken to scratching my furniture. So we are all quite smitten.

4. Always look on the bright side
My daughter Kate was really upset that one of her best friends had to move to the east coast. I reminded her how lucky she was that she had made such a strong connection with Hailey.  I also reminded her that with the internet staying connected would be a piece of cake. That was all well and good but it is hard to look on the bright side when you have to say goodbye to someone you are so close with.

5. Home
Nothing screams home to me like delicious homemade food.  Especially pie.  My mom taught me how to bake pies and I am teaching my girls.  I know a lot of people are intimidated to bake pies because of the crust, but with a little practice you will be making crust like a pro. 

18 comments:

Mary Gene Atwood said...

OK, I have to eat! That pie shot is killing me!!! Your daughter and her friend are so darling. Nice collage, love the kitties.

Tamar SB said...

Now that is a pie!! I can totally relate to the egg battle! Great shot, though!

Honey Mommy said...

Wow! Maybe you should teach me how to make pie because yours looks heavenly!

I know what you mean about not blogging because you are busy. I did not make the scavenger Hunt this week because I had company and no time. I went to see the prompts for next week and had to stop by because I saw that you had posted, and your mobile shot is amazing!

Ewa said...

Mobile one is fantastic! I love the sense of movement and the sunset on the background!

tiarastantrums said...

that crust looks A-MAZ-ING! I don't do homemade crust - but I should start!

Deanna said...

Wow, what a great line-up this week. I love every single one, no way could I pick a favorite, altho that pie looks pretty darn delicious!! Your ig pic is gorgeous...I just have to get into that. And your kitties are too cute. It is hard saying goodbye to one that you enjoy spending time with, but it looks like your daughter has plenty of friends!!! and like you said with the technology that is in place today, it is easy to stay in touch!

Gina Kleinworth said...

These are STUNNING!!!! I can almost feel that sea breeze there with your daughter.

Liz Mays said...

You need to teach your pie crust secrets!

I always lose the egg game too. Every time.

sara said...

seriously, you had to end with a pie...a close up of a pie...my favorite pie.....how far away do you live?

I'm glad I am not the only one who has had a crazy summer and no time to blog!!

the first picture is absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Fabulous shots! I really love your first two!

Kathy said...

The first shot is spectacular! No wonder it was your favorite of the week!

Angie said...

What a FABULOUS set!! And OH that PIE!!! Oh my!!! These are all so wonderful. Well done and Happy Sunday to you! :)

Lorraine said...

Beautiful photos. I love all of them!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Debbie said...

what a fun, creative set!!

i'll have 2 pieces of pie, with a side of vanilla ice cream, please!!

Shannon said...

Ok, that first shot? STUNNING.

I have baked a pie once... sort of. I did make the filling myself, but I used a store-bought crust. That doesn't really count as being a "homemade" pie, does it?

Patrice said...

What fabulous photos, Michelle! I really love Mobile. I will be following you on Instagram...I'm phpea.

Claremont First Ward said...

Putting that pie last was sort of evil. You know that, right? ;)

Jenners said...

I never liked blueberry pie but that photo might change my mind. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE mobile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...