Jun 3, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday

For some reason this weeks prompts were a bit of a challenge for me. I think all the end of the year activities I am involved with are zapping all of my creative juices....or at least that is my excuse anyway.

I want to invest in a quality lens so I decided to rent a few before I purchase one.  My first rental is the Tamron 24-70m f2.8 (never tried Tamron before). I am liking it, but after using my nifty fifty for so long I keep forgetting that I am using a zoom lens and catch myself moving my feet instead of the lens when I want to zoom.  Do you have a favorite lens you would like to share with me??

On to the prompts for the week.  All of the images were taken on Friday and Saturday.

 1. Shine

2. Fast
Not sure if this water would qualify as moving fast, but the green humming bird I happened to capture, with my camera, just didn't show up that well against the green plants he was hovering around.

3. Left
Some gentleman walking to the left.......see, creative juices at a stand still.  :)

4. Peace
Yesterday was the Senior Prom.  I was taking some shots of the her boyfriend and his friends being goofy when my daughter and her friend jumped in the picture. The girls both crouched down and as they were smiling my daughter said through gritted teeth......."my legs are burning." It was pretty funny (for me).  My daughter is just a junior so we have one more year of Prom fun ahead of us. 

5. Plain
The organ pavilion is gorgeous, but as far as color goes...it is rather plain.  It is however a favorite place for event pictures.  I took this on Friday and on Saturday when we were there for prom it was swarming with groups of kids going to prom and couple taking engagement photos.



18 comments:

Christy said...

The plain shot is awesome. I love the angle and the simplicity of it.

dsblanchard said...

You posted right after me at Ashley's so I thought since I was right next door, I'd drop by. I'm kinda glad your hummingbird against a green plant didn't work out because I love your fast water.

Speaking of hummingbirds, though, I think you would love this TED presentation so I'm including the address here

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0

Have a grateful day,
Dawn

4 Lettre Words said...

Well, you certainly did a wonderful job! (I thought it was a tough week, too, tho.) I really love #2 and #3.

Melanie said...

Well... you did a fantastic job! Loved each shot! I too have the nifty fifty, actually just got it, & I really love it. All I had before that was my kit lens... so I REALLY love the 50mm. Lol) I've heard Tamron is good. Let us know what you decide on!

Nicki said...

call me crazy - but I rather like your 'left' shot. that and the kids with the peace signs - very cute.

Unknown said...

I have that Tamron lens. It's a great one! But my all time favorite is my Canon 70-300 zoom with IS--not the L version, that is out of my price range--but it's still an awesome lens.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Absolutely beautiful shots!! My dad has a tamron lens and loves it. My new to me lens is a Sigma (I have never owned a sigma before and LOVE my new lens) :D

Buckeroomama said...

Great pics! I really like your Fast.

My 50mm/1.8 is my go-to lens, but just this weekend, I tried a macro lens 100mm / 2.8 and am in love! It was on a Canon; now I have to see if I can get the equivalent for my Nikon.

Brooke said...

Oh wow - that is the best peace interp yet! Your creative juices are indeed working!!! ;D
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! I love the first two. Beautiful!!

Chris said...

Remember when I used to stop by and say hi occasionally?

I have missed your blog -- it is, hands down, the most vibrant splash of color in the whole blogging universe.

I love the way you see the world, and I see that you're taking the plunge into "professional" photography...it's about time. Michelle, you are so far beyond qualified to do this. I am really looking forward to seeing great things from you..

Make that GREATER things!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful set! I especially love the second picture :)

Kmcblackburn said...

Wow..your "fast" shot is wonderful! I find that I keep going back to it to look at the detail.

Julie Brooks said...

Fun pictures!
A for your LEFT shot...you don't give yourself enough credit...
Not only are the boys to the left of your frame, they are both putting their left foot forward and the arrow on the crosswalk button sign is pointing left!
I would say creative! ;)

Julie Brooks said...

Fun pictures!
A for your LEFT shot...you don't give yourself enough credit...
Not only are the boys to the left of your frame, they are both putting their left foot forward and the arrow on the crosswalk button sign is pointing left!
I would say creative! ;)

Jenners said...

I always love your posts with such a diversity of subjects!!

Ashley Sisk said...

Wonderful collection - I especially love fast and left.

4thelove! said...

so funny when I read your question on what's your favorite lens...I am soooo in need of a big girl camera! My plain jane camera has just about seen it's last days! Always love your take on shots... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...