Jun 2, 2008

Happy Trails to You.........

In an attempt to find something fun for us to do as a family Jim signed us all up for a trail ride last weekend.  What he didn't realize is that I don't really like horseback riding.  I've only ridden a horse once and it was a negative enough of an experience that I haven't really wanted to repeat it again.  So Jim and the girls went without me last weekend (while I hit the scrapbooks!).  This weekend Jim wanted to go check out some different stables.  Knowing they would need reservations in order to go for a trail ride I felt safe tagging along.  While I don't like riding horses I don't have anything against taking their pictures!!  When we arrived at the stables we discovered it was a slow day and yes, they did have space for Jim and the girls to go on an hour long trail ride!  Lucky me.......the stables were located right next door to a shopping center.  Unlucky me, I had no intentions of doing something by myself so I left my purse at home!  So after taking pictures of them getting on and walking off with their horses I headed to the mall to window shop.  I got back just in time to get pictures of them coming back and dismounting.  
Jim has enjoyed riding horses so much that he is researching guest ranch vacations!  Now going to a guest ranch isn't the first thing that pops into my mind when I think of a summer vacation.....but hey, if he is willing to plan it.....then I'm game!!  




1 comment:

Baby Herzog times THREE said...

Now if you could only find one that is right next to an exotic beach :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...