Nov 3, 2009

WW - Field Hockey Mom

After nearly 7 years of being a Soccer mom I can proudly say that I am now a full fledged Field Hockey mom.

Reid is two games away from completing her first season playing Field Hockey for her High Schools Junior Varsity team.

Their team was young and inexperienced, but despite that they played well and have improved tremendously since the beginning of the season.

The short clip below is of the two goals Reid scored in their game against La Jolla.

She is number 9 and is on the far side of the field. You can see her more clearly after she scores the first goal.

The person who scores gets to retrieve the ball from the goalie box and run it up to the mid field.



Reid certainly isn't shy about celebrating her victory. Maybe we need to work on her modesty!


This shot was taken after another game that ended in a tie. The girls lost their fair share of games this season, but it never seems to get them down. It is fun to win, but it is also great to enjoy playing the game.

This Field Hockey mom is certainly looking forward to the next season.



For more wordful wednesday entries visit Angie at 7 clown circus!


**If you want to see more of my shots, scroll down and check out my entries for the October photo hunt challenge.

30 comments:

Liz Mays said...

She's celebrating! Awesome attitude! Love this post!

I loved all the hollering too. :)

Momisodes said...

I love it! That is actually a great shot of her post goal :) So glad you were able to capture this on film!

On a side note, I remember my brief work contract in LaJolla. What a gorgeous place. *sigh*

Tracie said...

Great pictures!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

She does look happy!!! Looks like such fun - I can't wait to be a sports mommy!!

Erin said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish they would have had that when I was younger and playing soccer!

Jingle said...

These are some cute photos!

HaB said...

WOW...Looks like she was/is having fun!

I really like that last one!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i love it...one of the things i love most is the danty uniforms and the hard rock attitude required! so fun! love the shots!

Genny said...

Those are great shots! You go, you Hockey mom!

Brenda said...

I love strong competitive women, she is getting good training!

Susie said...

She looks so proud of herself!

Pam said...

Yea for Reid! I don't blame her for celebrating.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!

More Than Words said...

Wow! That is so cool!!!!! What a great sport!

Good job, Reid!

tiarastantrums said...

great photos!

Superdumb Supervillain said...

Field hockey is pretty intense! Way to go!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

That last shot is awesome!
Wow.. as in tongue and all!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Love her face!!! This really makes me look forward to being some kind of ________ mom. My 6yo has no interest right now in being on any teams so we'll see!

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds like the girls have a great coach who's as interested in team spirit as in winning.

Kiki said...

great pictures. my sis played field hockey in HS for a bit. i never got into it. the girls always seemed brutal. happy WW and take care.

Unknown said...

I think she has great attitude. :)

Staci A said...

Great shots! It looks like she really does enjoy it!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Love it!! Great photos.

Woot woot for scoring goals!!

Unknown said...

Chicks in skirts playing field hockey - that is SO cool! And I love their spirit!!

Abby said...

Looks like fun! I played field hockey when I lived in NJ. I love a sport where you can wear a skirt!

Kristen Andrews said...

love the pics, they really capture it all

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, I love the last shot!

Jennifer said...

Go Reid!!

Jenners said...

I love girls playing sports all out.
And the uniforms are adorable and so chic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...